Preserve, Prevent, Maintain: The Pursuit of Happy Veins
This course is designed to provide participants with knowledge of vascular access, indications, and prevention of central line associated blood stream infections (CLABSI).
Objectives: Upon completion of this course the participant will be able to:
1) Understand the importance of preserving veins in patients with chronic kidney disease
2) Recognize the optimal tip location of a PICC using electrocardiogram and dopplar flow without use of radiographic imaging
3) Explore the various ways to prevent CLABSI
4) Identify strategies to a successful peripheral venous insertion
5) Demonstrate skills in using ultrasound guided peripheral intravenous insertion
CEU's awarded form the California Board of Registered Nursing
CE hours meet VA-BC recertification requirements
*If you would like to join CENTEXVAN and enjoy the many benefits of membership, such as educational meetings with CE/VA-BC recertification hours, as well as a discount to join AVA national, please join using the Non-member, joining rate.
Central Texas Vascular Access Network 2012